A few days ago I received the news I was nominated for a Liebster Award.
A Liebster what??
I had to look it up myself because the name didn’t ring any bells. So I found out the Liebster Award is a blogger award by and for new bloggers. It’s a way of encouraging new bloggers and putting their work in the spotlights.
Every new nominee has the chance to nominate 5-10 of her favorite beginning blogs in turn, giving some exposure to each other.
I was nominated by Kirstin Stoker from Happiness Heals AI. On her blog she writes about holistic healing, mindfulness, occupational therapy, and nutrition. Definitely worth checking out!
If you’re interested in the Liebster Award (or if you’re one of my nominees), click on the picture below for a direct link to the official 2018 rules.
11 questions to me
When you get nominated for a Liebster Award, you’re invited to answer 11 questions in order to introduce yourself to the Liebster community.
Every new nominee has to come up with her own questions, and below are the questions Kirstin sent to her nominees:
- If your life was made into a movie, what five songs would HAVE to be included in the soundtrack?
Don’t worry be happy, Bobby McFerrin
Walking on sunshine, Katrina and The Waves
Happy, Pharrell Williams
Forever Young, Alphaville
One day, Asaf Avidan
- If you were an inanimate object, what would you be and why? Definitely a cookbook!
- What have you always told yourself you could never do? Have three kids ;-). But I did, and am super grateful we decided to go for a third one.
- Where are you going next? My favourite place on earth… the mountains.
- What “signature dish” are you really good at cooking? Mmmm, that’s a tough one… But many particularly love my Sweet Potato Brownies.
- Who do you consider to be a hero, and why? All moms out there!
- If you were forced to do some form of physical exercise for 30 minutes every day, which would you choose? Skiing! But can it be more than 30 minutes please? Or I’d be swimming every day if I had a private heated indoor pool.
- When you close your eyes and imagine your happy place, what does it look like? My kitchen... and the mountains on a sunny day.
- What is your favorite part of this very moment, right now? The sun shining through my window (a rare phenomenon here in The Netherlands).
- When (if ever) have you experienced the feeling of being “one with nature?” Where were you? Hiking in the Swiss mountains with my husband.
- If our bodies radiated a color with every emotion (i.e. radiating red with anger), what color would be your “auto-pilot” or “normal” setting, and what emotion or state of mind would match it? I had to look up the psychological properties of colours for this one. But I’d pick yellow for optimism, emotional strength, friendliness, and creativity.
My nominees for the 2018 Liebster Award:
Now it’s my turn to put a few fellow bloggers in the spotlights:
- http://myalchemy.life/ Alisha is a fellow Bauman College graduate (just like me) and a holistic nutritionist and yogi. On her blog she shares tons of interesting articles related to food, supplements, fitness and yoga.
- https://www.charteredwellness.com Drew is another graduate from Bauman College with a corporate past in which she often flirted with her own limits. Today she helps people through nutrition coaching and by sharing tips and recipes on her blog.
- http://www.cloudykitchen.com Although Erin started blogging in 2016 she’s already made it to the finals of the Saveur Blog Awards in the Baking & sweets blog section. Her creations look amazing and her pictures are so beautiful.
- http://www.fivetables.co.nz/ Tanya lives in New Zealand and blogs about living an empowered, fearless life as a woman, a wife, a parent, a teacher. You’ll find interesting posts about parenting and early childhood education.
- http://livingflawless.com/ Living Flawless is a beauty, fashion, and travel blog where you can find tons of DIY face masks and natural beauty products, amongst other interesting tips and info.
- http://www.healthymuslimah.com/ Healthy Muslimah is another blog by a Bauman graduate and is about making healthy living simple and easy. The blog is full of delicious recipes and health-related articles.
- https://www.elizevent.com/ Nina shares her passion for cooking and baking, party planning, interesting, effective and organized life style, personal growth, travel and creativity.
11 questions for my nominees to answer:
- If you were a dish, what would you be?
- What’s the most useless talent you have?
- Which cook has most influenced your current cooking style?
- If a producer would make a movie about your life, what would the title be?
- What food are you most often craving?
- If you could design a new best friend, what three characteristics would she/he have
- If you had to change your first name, what would your new name be?
- Would you rather be transported permanently 500 years into the future or 500 years into the past?
- Would you rather have everything you eat be too salty or too sweet?
- If you could only eat 3 ingredients for the rest of your life, what would those be?
- If you would have to relive the same day for a year, what day would you pick?
Make sure to copy the link to your post in the comments below. I’m curious to read your answers!