These delicious sweet almond cakes are my go to recipe when I need to fix a healthy snack in no time.
They can literally be whipped up in 5 minutes (if using a food processor), and I haven’t yet met a person who doesn’t love them.
I say they’re made with 3 ingredients only, although to be honest you need 5, but the main elements are just eggs, almond flour and honey (+ a tiny bit of baking soda and vanilla extract).
Apart from people suffering from a nut allergy, these easy cakes are a perfect treat for anyone because they’re:
- Refined sugar-free
- Can be made vegan if using maple syrup
They’re also easily transportable and will keep good in your child’s backpack, making them a perfect snack for school.
They’ve made it to many of my kids’ birthday parties topped with some whipped (coconut) cream and berries or just plain and mess-free for smaller hands. Always a big hit!
If you struggle to find healthy snack ideas for your children, make sure to read this post: Healthy snacks for kids or download my free ebook "20 sugar-free snacks for kids" right below this post.
- 4 eggs
- 100 g (3.5 oz.) honey (use up to 130 g or 4.6 oz. if you like it a little sweeter)
- 200 g (7 oz.) almond flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 150°C or 300° F
- Mix the eggs in a food processor until they become light and foamy (about 1 minute). Gently add honey and vanilla extract while blending
- Add almond flour and baking soda and blend again until well mixed
- Pour the mixture in muffin cups and bake for about 15 minutes
- Allow to cool and enjoy!