This easy one pot chicken dish has become a classic in our family.
I frequently put it on the menu for easy family meals, but also for simple dinners with friends. And it’s always a big hit.
I once called it the “Busy Mama’s Chicken”, and now that’s what my kids call it too.
You basically combine all ingredients in a big pot, put it in the oven and forget about it for an hour or so.
It tastes delicious and you can make this easy chicken recipe with any vegetables you have on hand. I find tomatoes are a must because they literally melt into a delicious sauce. Other vegetables that work great with this dish are: pumpkin, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, potatoes, broccoli, green asparagus, cauliflower, eggplant, celery, … In fact, any veggie will do the trick!
10 mins (I once timed myself and made this dish in 6 minutes sharp)
- 4 whole chicken legs (skins removed if you like it less greasy)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil (a bit more is fine too)
- 2 tbsp. tamari
- 4 garlic cloves, cut in two
- 2 onions, cut into 8
- 2 zucchini, cut into slices of about 2 cm (1 inch)
- 6 tomatoes, chopped into 8
- 1 tbsp. thyme
- Black pepper
- Heat the oven to 180°C (360 °F)
- Put all ingredients in a large pot/Dutch oven, and combine well. Make sure all vegetables and chicken legs are covered with olive oil, tamari, lemon, and spices
- Put in the oven for about 1 hour
- This is delicious as it is, with quinoa, or brown rice. You can also slice a few potatoes or sweet potatoes into the veggie mix if you like.