Once you’ve tried these, you’ll want to make them again, and again, and again…
This simple snack has become a staple in our house, and can often be found in my kids’ school bags.
For those of you with a sweet tooth, this makes a perfect sweet snack to satisfy sugar cravings in a healthy way.
It’s so easy to make and offers many health benefits.
Health benefits of almonds:
- Almonds are an excellent source of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats
- They’re 20 percent protein
- They’re packed with important minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc
- They’re very high in antioxidants
- Almonds are also known as real beauty food as they are packed with vitamin E, excellent for glowing skin
If you struggle to find healthy snack ideas for your children, make sure to read this post: Healthy snacks for kids or download my free ebook "20 sugar-free snacks for kids" right below this post.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 tbsp. honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Heat your oven to 180° C or 360° F
- In a mixing bowl, mix the almonds with the two other ingredients. Add a few sprinkles of sea salt if you like
- Spread the almonds on a baking tray, separating them as much as possible so they don’t stick together, and bake for 10-15 minutes until they turn light brown
- Allow to cool before enjoying