Because not everyone likes the taste of banana, which often forms the base of (green) smoothies, I’m sharing one of our favorite banana-free green smoothie.
It’s made with one fruit only, two veggies, and a few protein sources to maintain your blood sugar stable.
Because the downside of smoothies, and certainly of store-bought smoothies, is they often contain tons of fruit turning your breakfast or snack into a real sugar-bomb. Even the vitamins provided by those fruits don’t outplay the damage caused by regular consumption of high-fructose smoothies.
Always keep in mind that:
- Smoothies should contain at least as much veggies as fruit
- It’s important to add a few fat- and protein sources to balance the effect of the sugar on your glucose level
With those rules in mind, having a green smoothie a day, can certainly keep the doctor away ;-).
2 medium glasses
- 1 cup frozen mango
- ¼ cucumber, with skin
- A big handful of fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp. flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp. pure almond paste
- ½ cup unsweetened plant-based milk (I like oat milk)
- Blend, taste, and adjust texture if needed by adding more milk